Three is a magical number.
- Past, Present, Future.
- Birth, Life, Death.
- Lombongan, Ceningan, Penida
And a magical time is what was had on these three islands. Tucked under Bali's right arm pit, 30 minutes via fast boat across the Bedung Strait, is where you will find these three gems. Two of which (Lembongan & Ceningan) connected by a canary yellow bridge. The other (Penida) is a hop, skip and jump away.
If you are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of Bali then I highly recommend seeing these islands. Jayde and I spent 7 days here which I felt was probably long enough considering the two main islands of Lombongan and Ceningan which combined can be scooted around in under half a day.
The main influencing factor that sets the Nusa Islands apart from Bali would be the pristine aqua blue water that is on offer. Yes it is still Indonesia and yes there is a problem with floating debris, yet this was relatively minimal where we were situated. There was an occasion where a Red, Yellow, Blue, Black & Pink individual thong landed on the adjacent rock. It seems the Power Rangers are one flip flop short of a perfect pair. All things considered - stunning clear crystal water.
Civi's Secret's for Sucess:
- Rocky Road - Yes this may be a friendly, delicious treat to the chocolate lover however a treat to my rear end whilst on a moped it was not. Nusa Lembongan and Ceningan have perfectly paved roads, Nusa Penida on the other hand does not. My friendly advice would be to hire a driver if you are not competent behind the horns of a moped.
- Tom Cruise - There are a handful of transport companies from Sanur to Nusa Lembongan, I would recommend Scoot as they don't charge an additional price for their pick up and drop off service. Whilst living in Canggu, this was extremely helpful.
- Rays for Dayz - Swim with the Manta Rays. Upon plunging into the big blue with these majestic creatures, I've decided to build a pool big enough so I can swim with them every day.
- South by South West - I recommend to stay on Ceningan over Lembongan. Situated over the bridge to the south, it is slightly more laid back and a peaceful approach compared to the main 'touristy' hub that is Lembongan. Also you can zip across to Lembongan and arrive back at Ceningan just in time for your Bali Coffee to settle.
Magical 3 Continued
- The Deathly Hallows (for you Pot Heads)
- The Shamrock
- Three wishes
- Three Bears
- Holy Trinity
- Three dimensions
- Three prime colours
- Poseidon's Trident
What can you name?
Gold Coast, Australia born photographer. Currently living in Bali, Indonesia.